First Appointment

Had my first Doctor's appt today! It went really well, I was very nervous as to what the Doctor was going to be like, but he is American and LOVELY. It's just basically like a whole English speaking hospital - no different from what I had with Dakota I don't think. So we just chatted about circumstances etc. (he said he wanted to get to know me better - maybe nosy is the right word?) and then he just got on with the appointment.

The baby is fine and measuring fine for the dates I had. He put my EDD at April 30th (I had been going mostly by May 3rd - but the quicker I get to meet the baby the better!) so I am happy and in agreement with that. Estimated caculators round the internet were giving me different EDDs ranging from April 29th - May 3rd so it's nice to have an actual "EDD" now.

Funny, Dakota was also due on the 30th of the month, a month which only had 30 days (September!). Weird, I'm hoping I don't go overdue with this one though!

So he just checked me over and said everything was perfect - he weighed me and said I could do with chunking up a little but not too much and I didn't have to change my eating habits, the baby seemed to be developing just fine and he reminded me to take prenatals which I said I had already been taking. So everything there is fine.

He got at me with the doppler and I got to hear the heartbeat. Then I was really upset that I was there on my own and hadn't tried to schedule it for when Daniel wasn't working - but I was just happy to get an appointment and unbelievable overjoyed finally to get things confirmed and everything is fine! Hearing the heartbeat was very special, makes it seem more real!

Dr doesn't want to see me again until December though. I was like - whaatt? when I first heard but I am not so bad about it now. He says if I have any problems don't hesistate to call him. I go back on the 10th Decemeber for an ultrasound, hopefully find out if we are having a girl or a boy and all that. I am surprised they booked me in already as it is 2 months away, but it gives me something to look forward to. Plenty of time for Daniel to book off work as well, hehe! :)

Love, A xo.
1 Response
  1. Sherri Says:

    I'm so glad your first appt went great! How exciting to hear the heartbeat!!! It is a truly amazing sound! Congrats!