Daily ramblings

OK, so time for a few ramblings. I haven't had one of these posts in a while so I can allow myself to complain! I don't do it too often (see the sarcasm here?!)

So this morning I was feeling a little better and decided to get up out of bed and have Mommy and daughter playtime with Dakota, like we do every morning. Except I have missed out on it for the past week and really missed it, I was looking forward to getting back to it!

I had no longer set out some of the toys on the ground and told her to come and play then MIL comes over and tells me we need to wait a minute because Dakota needs to go potty now. WHAAAAT? I am then continued to be told that while I have been sick she has saved me all the hassle of setting up a permanent potty schedule because she has done it herself. Ick. I was really only joking before when I said MIL would probably be spending all her time sitting Dakota on the stupid potty but I wasn't far out.

The kid is only 13 months old. When she is ready, she will be ready. She isn't showing ANY signs of hating being in diapers yet and for her the fun of sitting in the potty is soon going to run dry if MIL is sticking her on the thing numerous times a day!



2 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    Oh my goodness! 13 months is way to young!
    Gosh, now i feel bad that my son is 15 months and i havent been working with him on potty training


  2. Betsy Says:

    That is a bit young, but not unheard of. :) Good luck. Maybe you will only have one in diapers come april.