InLaws Vent

OK, well more posts about rain. What is it with my blog and posts about weather? Ah well, it is the main thing I have to talk about right now.

Yesterday, I got up in the morning and it was pouring out. Daniel takes our car to work so I can't have it for the day. The ILs have their car though. I knew I had to go and work and I was kinda over complaining in the hope they would offer me a lift! But I never once asked. Well anyway, FIL (father-in-law) offered me a lift, said he wouldn't have me walking (over a mile might I add!) to work in the rain. So I was happy at this. He knew exactly what time my work started. No idea where he went but it came to the time when I had to leave and he was nowhere in site! So I had to walk. More, run because I was now super late and it was pouring down. I was soaked before I even got there. Then, no-one came to collect me either. I was thinking, "Gee thanks", but didn't say it.

I didn't complain the whole evening because I didn't want to seem ungrateful for everything they do for us, but if he was going to be going out he could have at least come to collect me! When I got home from work he was sitting with his feet up home from wherever he had gone and saw me completely soaked to the skin. Said nothing! Daniel was not in a great mood either throwing baby tantrums over the fact I bought sweet n sour sauce instead of curry sauce to go with the chicken and rice for dinner! So bad mood all round.

I was sneezing the whole evening. MIL asked me if I was ok and I just said it was probably the fact I had to walk to and from work. Then she went and had a long convo with FIL in Polish (just do I couldn't understand!). I didn't have a clue what they were saying but I got pretty worked up. I don't know what came over me but I was like "Whats happening?" I went and got Daniel and told him about it and he went to talk to them. I told Daniel exactly what happened and he said it's just "their way", I shouldn't have mentioned it. Well, SHE asked me if I was ok, I only said that I thought I was coming down with the cold from the walking. Then of course my preggo hormones I started crying! MIL came down to our room to see me and saw me crying and tutted and walked away. Then she told Daniel I was turning on the waterworks for attention! I have never seen this side to them before. I am pregnant, preggo hormones. I didn't want them to see me crying - she totally barged into my room because apparently it wasn't fair I was using Daniel as a go between and I was trying to get to them through him.

This has turned out way too long, I actually don't understand what they were bothered about. But just not a good day. Needless to say today I was very thankful it wasn't raining, I would say I will be walking to work a lot more now!


4 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    Wow, that sounds awful.
    I am sorry about that.

    Man I don't know what I would do in that situation.

    I just moved to a new state, I can't even imagine living in a new country!


  2. Sherri Says:

    Awww, Anna, I'm so sorry that that happened, how awful!!! I feel bad that you had to go through that, esp with her "blaming" the preggo hormones and waterworks!

    HUGS to you!!!


  3. Betsy Says:

    I cannot believe that! You poor thing.... :( I'm sorry.


  4. oh my god I have to comment on this because I know how this feels. My daughter's father is Cuban and we lived with them for a little while. I do not speak fluent Spanish and his father doesn't speak any English so needless to say I don't understand a lot of what is said in the house. Well, I guess there are some major cultural differences between us because his mother and I just seem to butt heads constantly, and it always turns into a very loud rant in Spanish, but I always know that she's bitching about me. It got so bad that we ended up having a blow out fight at midnight and I left the next morning and have NOT returned. My daughter's father (we are no longere together since then) never stood up for me and we have been fighting about her.
    Anyway I just wanted to let you know you are not alone and it is not fair that you are stuck in another country with no one except your in-laws and they are treating you that way!! You have every right to cry, I would have also. So sorry that happened thats the worst feeling ever! I really hope it all gets better for you.